The return of a purchased product is an exception in business transactions. Customers purchase products with the intent of placing item in service for their customers in some form, either standalone or in a finished product. The product sold is assumed to be in new condition (unless otherwise identified), fully conforming to manufacturers' specifications. The RMA system addresses purchased products that do not meet the manufacturer’s specifications, or are not in the sold condition (new or refurbished).
- Acceptable returns are those that meet the following criteria:
- New (unless otherwise identified) condition – Manufacturer sealed, good physical packing.
- Conforms to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Customer responsibility
- Know the technical specifications of what you are buying.
- Understand how the part is used in the application for which the part is purchased.
- Refurbished product is purchased on purpose.
- The return period permitted through Applied Computer is 21 days from the date of the order. BY EXCEPTION ONLY, APPLIED COMPUTER MAY ATTEMPT TO GET APPROVAL FROM OUR VENDORS OR THE PRODUCT MANUFACTURER FOR RETURNS BEYOND THAT TIME FRAME.
- We are not a distributor (or manufacturer) that allows extended RMA periods.
- We are a VAR (value added reseller) and as such we are subject to the terms and conditions of our vendors and the manufacturers whose product we sell (as would be any other reseller, U.S. or International).
- Customer must complete the Request RMA form online (Adobe Acrobat form(PDF) is also available).
- Customer must completely describe the problem, including photos if necessary.
- Email feedback including the RMA number.
- RMA administrator follows up for clarification during investigation process.
- Applied Computer Online Services is the broker in domestic transactions and does not handle stock.
RMA Freight Charges
- No charge for shipping to locations where the fault rests with Applied Computer Online Services.
- The customer pays for shipping when returning product.
- The warehouse pays for shipping when the RMA is valid.
- The freight carrier is responsible for costs per insurance and carrier terms and conditions.
- The customer is responsible for filling claims with freight carriers for related RMA causes.
- Invalid or denied returns for product that does not meet the conditions specified in the return authorization will be sent back to the customer at the customer's expense.
- Due to the small margins with which we operate, we cannot cover any international freight costs under any RMA condition (including the cost of shipping returns back to us or shipping replacements back out).
RMA Number Expiration
- RMA numbers are valid for 30 days from the date of issuance (unless otherwise stated at time of issue).
- Applied Computer Online Services engages the customer and warehouses to resolve RMA related problems.
- The customer has the responsibility to engage the manufacturer for technical and application issues that may prompt an RMA, "Part doesn't work in my application."
- In most cases a 15% (min) restocking fee will apply.
- Amount credited for returns is dependent on our supplier’s policies. If there has been a price reduction on the item since purchase the credit on the return may be reduced accordingly.